A collection of different Bitcoin mining software for different operating systems with appropriate download links.
Firstly, there are back end software, the actual software doing the work. The front end software (GUI) allows easier utilization of the back end software without the need to use command prompt or terminal.
To get an overview on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Mining including setting up a mining software and the client, I suggest reading A Guide to Bitcoin and Bitcoin Mining, focusing on Windows. If you are using Linux, I recommend Bitcoin Basics and Ubuntu 12.04.
Front End Software
This is a Graphical User Interface that allows to quickly start, stop or configure new miners without the need for using command prompt in Windows or the terminal in Linux systems. It poses virtually no overhead, hence it does not throttle back mining speeds.
It has a windows version that is simple to install and comes with back end software supporting OpenCL mining (AMD Radeon video cards). Additional back end mining software is supported, including cgminer, ufasoft CPU miner and mining with CUDA (nVidia graphical cards).
Installation is not required, simply download an unzip to any location on your computer. For usage refer to A Guide to Bitcoin and Bitcoin Mining.
The Linux version can be obtained from GitHub and it is the same as the Windows version, supporting the same back end mining software. For in-depth instructions, read Bitcoin Basics and Ubuntu 12.04.
Back-end Mining Software
See the list below for the available mining software with appropriate links to either a Github repository or an archive. Also, the Bitcointalk.org forum thread is linked for each of the mining software that may assist in finding help with any issue.
- cgminer – Developed by ckolivas. (Windows & Linux; Bitcointalk.org)
- poclbm miner- Developed by m0mchil. (Windows & Linux; Bitcointalk.org) OpenCL miner, using python (pyopecl)
- DiabloMiner – Developed by DiabloD3. (Windows & Linux ; Quickstart Guide; Bitcointalk.org)
- Ufasoft miner - Developed by ufasoft. (Windows & Linux; Bitcointalk.org) Uses OpenCL.
- rpcminer – Developed by puddinpop. (Windows & Linux; Bitcointalk.org) CPU, OpenCL miner for AMD and CUDA mienr for nVidia cards.
- Phoenix miner - Developed by jedi95. (Windows & Linux)